Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Boston I: The Red Sox and the Holy Temple

When I booked an RCI Cape Cod condo, two years ago, I had no idea Camille would move to Boston for a year, or that we would arrive in Boston on the same weekend, beginning June 15, 2022, that Camille's whole family congregated there.  Emilie flew to Boston from Dallas and Jono and Sarah from SLC.  
The Eberts had already traveled to Maine together, but we were able to join them for a Thursday afternoon Red Sox game at Fenway Park.  The Sox beat the Oakland Athletics by a satisfying 10 to 1.


Of course, the score wasn't really the point of hanging out at Fenway Park.  We talked a lot, ate sausage sandwiches covered with sauerkraut, and stood to sing "Sweet Caroline" and "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" with the crowd."




 
In the morning, Dave and I attended a session at the Boston Temple in Belmont, Massachusetts, near where Steve and Camille rented an apartment.  Like many of the temples, the Boston Temple can be seen from the freeway, but is beautifully landscaped with flowers and groves of trees. 





After the Red Sox game, we ate dinner together at Steve and Camille's apartment.  Spaghetti with a rich, red sauce tasted just right after wandering around Boston's Back Bay.









No comments: