Wednesday, July 6, 2022
Cinco de Mayo
We have lots of Spanish-speakers in our family. Spencer was a missionary in East Los Angeles, where he learned to speak Spanish fluently and to love Mexican food. My son Michael decided to learn Spanish a year or two ago and hired tutors in each of the countries of Latin America. He brought home, from a trip to Mexico, the elegant embroidered table runner I used for my Cinco de Mayo party on May 1, 2022.Our table was full of Mexican standards--cheese enchiladas, chicken mole, guacamole and homemade salsa, with dulce de leche ice cream for dessert. It was a special treat to have Kirsten visit from Provo. And we always love having Naomi and Spencer.Audrey has become a daddy's girl after the birth of her brother, Calder, on my birthday in March. Heidi and Calder stay home to avoid everyone's sniffles, and Audrey comes visiting her grandma with Mike.
I love to meet my children's and grandchildren's friends. Grant brought two friends who were in his LDS ward in Seattle. Both are now studying at BYU with Grant. I was especially happy to host these friends because their mother had been so kind to Lisa when she first moved to Seattle in 2005.
Alan and Shauna are frequent, beloved guests.
After dinner, Naomi hauled out the foam rubber blocks, and our babies had their own party.
I routinely ask Dave to model eating my dinners. He sometimes gives me shots like this one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment