Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Shakin' it Up at Hi-Mountain Drug

Hi-Mountain Drug, in the mountain town of Kamas, Utah, has the best shakes in the state.  “I want to go somewhere this weekend,” Dave said, so on Saturday, April 30, 2022, we drove to Kamas and had hamburgers and shakes.  It is agonizing to have to choose among the many flavors of shakes at Hi-Mountain Drug.  This time I chose cherry nut, but my very favorite is the "everything" shake, which includes the crushed remains of half a dozen different candy bars.  It is a very guilty pleasure!  Dave never diverges from his poppy seed shake.



The tiny Hi-Mountain Drug is a combination drugstore, general store, and café. 

While Dave waited for our hamburgers, shakes and fries, and bemoaned the act that the bisonburger was not on the menu today, I wandered among the puzzles and skeins of yarn for sale.  I discovered an excellent book on candy-making, which I will explore after my diet is finally successful.

After lunch, we drove up the road towards Emerald Lake.  Barricades of snow barred our way well before we reached it.  We could only daydream of the beauty of Utah's alpine lakes in the summertime.






No comments: