We spent one afternoon at the Utah Shakespeare Festival in nearby Cedar City. We saw "As You Like It," and delighted in the witty repartee between Bertrand and Beatrice.We wandered through the sculpture garden and spent an hour listening to a discussion of the play.
The cloud formations around our house can be spectacular. The landscaping, not so much. I had my favorite landscaper, Kim Eden, draw up plans to beautify our St. George house.I then visited the local St. George nursery, Star Nursery, to see what the plants Kim recommended looked like.Kim knows I love bright flowers. She recommended 18 lantana bushes to brighten our yard.Another bush I look forward to buying is fragrant Asian jasmine.
During our weekend in St. George, Dave and I also attended an endowment session in the newly remodeled St. George Temple.
I marvel at the interior decorators of the LDS temples, who choose distinctive themes and designs for each of the nearly 300 temples. The interior decorators retained some Victorian furnishings in this pioneer temple, but they also added murals depicting local scenes, as have been added in many of the new temples. Jonny says that the painter of the landscape above his fireplace also painted murals for the newly remodeled St. George Temple.I have special fondness for the St. George Temple because my great-grandmother, Caroline Cottam Romney, was a temple worker there after her husband, Miles Romney, died in Mexico.My great-great-grandfather, Thomas Cottam, who was a furniture maker, created chairs for the original St. George Temple, which was dedicated in the 1870s.

.jpg)

%20-%20Copy.jpg)








No comments:
Post a Comment