Saturday, November 16, 2019

Mama's Spaghetti

Jonny told me not to make a complicated dinner on July 21, 2019, but when he and Jenny arrived, I was shoulder deep in pots and pans.  “I asked for spaghetti sauce,” Jonny said.  “There it is,” I said, pointing to the crockpot.  “But I thought you’d also like homemade lemon ice cream and bread sticks and rainbow cookies in the colors of the Italian flag.”
 Jenny is always gracious, beautiful, and adored by all four of her "boys."
Camille’s family joined us for dinner.  Emilie was back from Moldova, and she says she is ready for another dinner of the cabbage rolls I make.  During her two months in Moldova, Emilie served in the Relief Society presidency of the branch, as well as being a business advisor to Moldova start-ups.  I talked with the other Ebert children about their upcoming trips to St. George next week and Kenya the week after that!
Sam wanted to get out of his Sunday clothes, so I took him upstairs to pick out one of Dave’s t-shirts.  He chose one that said “University of Chicago.”  He knows that is where his dad went to school.
Thomas walked his way around the furniture.  He especially enjoyed my Burmese bowls with their gold embossing on black lacquer.  He then got tired and Jonny put him in his stroller.  Jonny took the stroller into the garage, where it was cool and dark, with hopes that Thomas would stay asleep till the party was over.  Jonny texted Dave to be sure not to open the garage door!  Jonny and Jenny have been visiting in SLC for nearly a month.  They go back to Iowa soon, and we will miss them.
  Camille is very busy these days, as a Young Women president in her ward and as a mother of six.

No comments: