My cousin Carolyn Clive is one of the most interesting, charming women I know. She is in her 80s and is still clear-thinking, opinionated, energetic, and lots of fun. Carolyn invited me, my daughter Lisa, and Lisa's family to spend the weekend of August 20, 2019 with her.
Carolyn lives on an island in Puget Sound across the water from Gig Harbor, a fancy resort town. I had heard about her mansion looking over the water, but I was still surprised at how beautiful it was.Carolyn is an artist and landscapes her gardens herself.
On Friday afternoon, my cousins Linda Rose and Kay Heber stopped by, with their husbands. We spent several hours talking companionably and then drove to Gig Harbor for lunch.
I stayed up late with Carolyn, after my other cousins left, talking about our parents and our lives. The next morning, Lisa, Bryce, and Alyssa arrived from Sammamish, east of Seattle.
Lisa's family was as impressed with the beautiful gardens as I was. The Flindts walked down to the beach and also took a tour of Carolyn's house, including her elegant collection of silver jewelry, which she designed herself and then had it created in Mexico.




No comments:
Post a Comment