Monday, November 11, 2019

Trying Out Those Chopsticks

Jonny received a month paternity leave from his work, when Thomas was born, and he used it liberally during June and July 2019.  Jenny took a cruise to Alaska with her parents during mid-June, and Jonny stayed with Dave and me and supervised the kids.  "It's easier than supervising an assembly line of union workers," he reminded himself, when the going got tough.  Jonny managed an assembly line that made John Deere cotton pickers during one cold Des Moines winter, so he knew how to organize difficult people in difficult situations.  I sent Jonny's little boys chopsticks last February, when we celebrated Chinese New Year in SLC.  On June 16, 2019, I fixed a Chinese dinner, so Sam and Henry could try out their chopstick skills.
We love having dinner with our "regulars"--Alan and Shauna, Carol Garza from across the street, Heidi, and Mike.  For this dinner, Shauna was not feeling well, and Alan took her dinner home with him.
 Beef broccoli and chicken cashew are two of my favorite Chinese classic foods.
I also created a faux Chinese fruit salad with fresh pineapple, strawberries, lichee nuts, and longans.

No comments: