Sunday, August 18, 2024

Queen for a Day (5.6.24)

One of the professional honors I'm most proud of is being asked a speak, for the last three years, at the annual meeting of the Utah State Bar Real Estate Section.  There are three speakers who discuss recent decisions of the Utah courts and new statutes from the Utah Legislature. I present the opinions of the Utah Court of Appeals, which is where more real estate decisions are made than at the Supreme Court.  
After attorneys from my firm emailed each other, before the event, that the main draw of the Real Estate Section annual meeting is the lunch at the Grand America Hotel, I redid my presentation to include lots of slides with witty pictures and headings, as well as the dry "legal stuff."  I received lots of positive comments.  
This photo is from a different talk than mine at the annual meeting.  It gives the idea, though, of how huge the screen is, compared to the people!  There were three hundred or more of my fellow real estate lawyers at the event.


 

No comments: