Tuesday, July 15, 2025

Caribbean Cuisine (3.2.25)

Caribbean coconut chicken and jerk pork--those were the entrees for Sunday dinner on March 2, 2025.  My plates were Pottery Barn's "Havana" pattern, and my centerpieces were papier mache cats from St. Kitts in the bright orange, gold, and turquoise colors of the islands.  
 

Kirsten's Sundays are busy, with work and serving as a Relief Society counselor.  We were delighted she could join us.
Jenny's parents, Shelly and Dave Leatham, were partnering with us this week in tending Jonny's and Jenny's boys.  We let the boys watch their beloved screens in the basement, while the Leathams shared our Caribbean feast.

I adore hosting new family members.  Soren Flindt is our youngest great-grandchild.  He was solemn and steadfast in the midst of our chaotic Sunday dinner.
Michael K is the proud father of Lily and Soren.
Rebekah is their proud mother.
In my endless quest for more evocative table decorations, I draped an image of a tropical island, printed on polyester, along the wall behind Michael Spendlove.
Heidi wore bright island colors for the event.

I bought Caribbean-themed stickers for the children.  Calder stuck them all over his sweater!

No comments: