My goal, each year, is to visit ten LDS temples I have not visited before. Since some 350 temples have been built or announced, that goal is not hard to reach. On May 30, 2025, Dave and I attended the open house for the new temple in Syracuse, Utah, near Ogden. That is my ninth temple visited this year.The Syracuse Temple is the 23rd LDS temple in Utah, with five more under construction and another four announced. There is increased emphasis on temple work in the Church, with teenagers regularly doing baptisms and the Family Search website, operated by the Church, making it very easy to locate family names to take to the temple for ordinances.Dave and I enjoy temple open houses, so we can see the beautifully decorated rooms in various temples. I am always impressed at how the interior decorators can find ways to make each temple distinctive. They often incorporate local flowers and other symbols into the design scheme, as well as distinctive stained glass windows and color schemes. The Syracuse Temple was decorated in shades of green with pink and dark red accents.
Monday, July 28, 2025
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment