Monday, July 14, 2025

Mardi Gras--It's all about the grandkids! (2.23.25)

Mardi Gras and Chinese New Year are my two favorite family celebrations of late winter!  On February 23, 2025, I rolled out all the goodies--masks, curly plastic straws, and Shirley Temple mocktails with a marachino cherry in each glass.  Mike and Heidi's children, Audrey and Calder, and Jonny and Jenny's son, Thomas, were my main models.  They posed while the rest of the guests enjoyed shrimp and crab gumbo, jambalaya, and kings cake with homemade pecan praline ice cream for dessert.
Calder took his time choosing the very best mask.
Calder loved those curly straws.  One wasn't enough!
 Thomas loved the masks, as well.

Thomas has a big collection of "plushie" stuffed animals at home. He wore plushie ear muffs to my Mardi Gras party. Thomas liked the stuffed green parrot I bought in Puerto Rico.  "Can I take it home?" he asked.   I told Thomas that I had to keep the parrot because I am building my own plushie collection, for all the grandchildren to share.  
Camille and Steve's Jono is The Man.  He has been living in Atlanta, buying his sixth business.  It was a special treat to have him join us for Mardi Gras.  Mia wanted to spend some good time with her big brother, too.
Audrey loves everything pink.  Of course, she would drink her pink Shirley Temple with a pink straw!

No comments: