On the spur of the moment, on Friday, February 4, 2022, Dave and I decided to drive to Jackson Hole . We spent the night at Colter’s Lodge in Afton, Wyoming. We knew we were in Recreation Land, since there was a special area reserved for snowmobile parking!
Colter's Lodge is an old hotel from the early 1900s which has been skillfully remodeled and redecorated with cowboy boots along the mantel, wagon wheels, an antique shoe polishing stand, and a grandfather clock. Unfortunately, the remodel didn’t include an elevator! Dave and I dragged our bags up stairs to the fourth floor.

On our way through Afton the next morning, we passed the lovely, petite Afton temple. On another trip, we attended a temple session there.
Dave and I then drove through the beautiful canyons to
Jackson Hole. We stopped several times
for me to take photos of the snow, mountains, dark trees, and running
streams. I used to love skiing because
it captured the beauty of winter.
Driving to Jackson Hole was almost as awe-inspiring!
Inside, the galleries are full of works by the well-known, 19th century painters of landscapes and wildlife, such as Remington, Moran, and Bierstadt, and also modern paintings and sculptures. The signature work is a huge, modern painting of a bison in a snowstorm. The museum had a special exhibit of the 50 best wildlife photographs from National Geographic.
Of course, Dave spent time texting and making calls about Church business. That is a forever endeavor.
After exploring the
galleries, Dave and I ate lunch in the museum café, with great views of the
mountains.
The food was surprisingly good. I enjoyed my French onion grilled cheese sandwich.We stopped at The Bunnery for a cookie, walked a bit around town, and then drove home. This was just a mini-trip, but how refreshing!
.jpg)















No comments:
Post a Comment