Friday, June 10, 2022

Luck o' the Irish

I knew I had the luck of the Irish as I sat with my family at a St. Patrick's Day dinner on March 13, 2022.  I had not only lovable adults as relatives--children and grandchildren--but also a new crop of great-grandbabies, like Lily.
Another of my favorites is little Audrey.
I am also lucky that my grandchildren and great-grandchildren have such good parents.  Rebekah and Michael K are doting parents to Lily.
And Mike and Heidi adore Audrey.
I am lucky to have such a good neighbor and friend as Carol Garza.

And I am lucky to have my dear husband of nearly 52 years, David.
And, of course, a great Irish meal is another bit of luck--peach lemonade (identified as an Irish non-alcoholic drink in one of my recipes), oat cakes, Irish cheese flavored with a bit of whiskey, grapes, corned beef with horseradish sauce, sautéed cabbage, sautéed carrots with honey, soda bread, green salad, and a raspberry trifle for dessert. 


I ascribe all this good luck to my Irish heritage.  My Hamilton ancestors were Scotch-Irish settlers in Fermanagh County, in Northern Ireland.


David and I visited Fermanagh County several years ago, and fell in love with its beautiful lakes and greenery.

 







 

No comments: