The result was fantastic. Getting there was the pits. Jonny and Jenny scheduled a family photo shoot at Busath before flying home to Des Moines after Christmas vacation. Dave and I came along to help with Sam. Sam had a cold and was in no mood to pose over and over in the new suit, cap, topcoat, and brown leather shoes Jonny and Jenny had bought him for the occasion. He wailed and called out for "Nana, Nana, Nana!" (Jenny's mother).
Finally, as Jonny and Jenny left to pose for their individual photos, I held Sam against my soft coat and sang one after another of "his" songs--"Take Me Out to the Ball Game," "Row, Row, Row Your Boat," and "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree." I knew he would recover when, as I sang the Popcorn song, one tiny hand began making "popping" signs. Somewhere, in all that pain, the photographer caught a few glimmers of smiles. Jonny described his favorite photo of Sam, above, as "He looks like he's just sealed his first deal."
Wednesday, June 10, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment