A highlight of our Sunday dinner on August 22, 2021, was meeting Lilly, the two-week-old daughter of Michael K and Rebekah Flindt. Michael K lay on the couch, with Lilly draped over his chest. We had seen Lilly's birth pictures, but this was the first time we had seen her in person.
I fixed an Italian dinner of lasagna, Italian
cream sodas, and lemon and pistachio ice creams with almond macaroons. “I’m dedicating this dinner to Ezra and Mia,”
I said, “since they so love Italian food.” Ezra and Mia are Camille's youngest children. I told Mia, “You’ve had to put up with so much weird stuff. You deserve this.” I asked Ezra to be in charge of making the
Italian cream sodas, since that is his specialty. “You have lots of talents,” I teased
him. “You’re good at killing flies and
making Italian sodas.” At 71, my reflexes are not as good as they used to be, so I have my grandchildren kill flies for me. Ezra is an expert.
Dinner, this evening, was a bittersweet event. “This is our last dinner with you before we
leave,” Camille confirmed. Next week is
their last Sunday before they move to Boston for 18 months, but they’ll spend that Sunday with Steve's family, the Eberts. Ezra is on the far left of this photo, with Mia next to him. Sara and Jono also joined us, and I enjoyed
basking in the excitement and happiness of their recent engagement. Sara told me my pistachio ice cream was
superb.
Spencer and Naomi (left) are trying to decide where
to go next, professionally, and they have at least four options, including
spending a year working for McKinsey in Bali.
“Mom will tell you to go to Bali,” Jonny had told Spencer,” but don’t do
it.” Actually, I told Spencer Bali was
not the best place for an aspiring McKinsey analyst, far from the core work of
the firm.
Spencer and Naomi's Ellie is adorable.





No comments:
Post a Comment