Mike and Heidi were invited to a dinner at the Salt Lake Country Club on May 21, 2021. Dave and I watched Audrey for a couple of hours, while they were gone. As usual, Audrey arrived carefully dressed in pink, with pink coat, pink socks, pink pants, pink shirt, and pink vest. She also arrived with all her gear, including diaper bag filled with diapers, dinner, and snack.
I started our time together in the basement, playing with bright-colored foam blocks. Audrey is very mechanical, and she enjoyed putting round rods into square foam blocks and then pulling them out again. I directed Audrey to “push” and then to “pull,” over and over again, as we worked with the blocks.
It was soon time for Audrey’s 5:30 p.m. supper. Heidi had sent a small jar of chili and a little spoon. I filled Audrey’s sippy cup three times, as she drank and drank and drank. She could feed herself with a spoon, but she also just enjoyed mushing the corn and meat around in the dish. When I had had enough of that mushing, we went into the living room to play with David.Audrey found a small pigtail holder and handed it to me. She loved having me make a pigtail right above her forehead, then pull out the rubber band and put it in again! Audrey also played with my Burmese lacquer boxes, which entrance all my little grandchildren. They are shiny and shaped like animals and open up. What perfect toys!We also played “toesies,” with Audrey watching with fascination as David wiggled his big toes in his socks and she then wiggled her little toes in her socks.
Finally, we went walking outside. Audrey held my hand and walked fast, up and
down our street. As we walked past our neighbor's house, she spied her parents’ car arriving and waved happily! Dave and I both enjoyed getting better
acquainted with our cute granddaughter!








No comments:
Post a Comment