
Each year, during our Snowbird week, I make a German meal--rouladen, sauerkraut, spaetzle, cucumber salad, and apple strudel--and invite our family to join Dave and me for Sunday dinner at the condo. Kirsten was visiting from BYU this weekend, since her parents were in town from Seattle. Kirsten and I hauled our German specialties to the condo after Church, and then had time to listen to yodeling at the Oktoberfest tent and ride the chairlift before the rest of the family arrived.
We discussed whether it was "worth it" for me to buy a dirdnl to wear at my German dinners.

Kirsten and I then returned to the condo to welcome the family to our German feast.
Now that Mike is through working a 9 to 5 job, he and Heidi were free to join us for two more evenings at Snowbird. On September 15, 2021, we ate dinner at "71," the new 1970s-themed restaurant at Snowbird. Dave and I were married in 1970, so the teal, orange and olive green furnishings looked very familiar! It was chilly on the restaurant porch, but a fire, contained between two glass walls next to our table, kept us warm.

There were so many delights during our week at Snowbird, not the least of which was just driving up and down Little Cottonwood Canyon every day to work and back. In darkness and broad daylight, the canyon is spectacular.















No comments:
Post a Comment