Almost since the beginning of WBC, I have offered a free hour of legal consultation for any of its trainees. Some of them become ongoing clients. The diversity of the businesses for which I have advised is amazing--a home warranty company, a beautician certifying company, a chain of Indian restaurants, an Azerbajani bakery, a seller of gourmet popcorn, wellness consultants, dog trainers, makers of funeral monuments. None of my clients have "made it big," so far as I know, but many have satisfying small businesses. The moderator at the WBC event also announced, as one of the milestones for WBC, that I had done the paperwork for it to get IRS 501 c 3 nonprofit status.
Anne-Marie Wallace, the current WBC director, has expanded WBC's training centers across the state, into Cedar City, Vernal, and Moab. WBC seems poised for another 25 years of expert service to women in business.Tuesday, February 14, 2023
25 Years of the WBC
Ever since I became a lawyer, in 1978, I have supported women in business. Women-owned businesses have always been just a small part of my practice, but I am very interested in their welfare. The Utah Women's Business Center was created in 1998 through funding from the U.S. Small Business Administration. It eventually became a part of the Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce. Ramona Rudert, a good friend and client for more than 25 years, was WBC's primary founder. Ramona gave me a hug at the party, on January 19, 2023, celebrating 25 years of the WBC.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment