I never thought I'd come so far. During February 17 and 18, 2023, I attended a retreat in St. George as a member of the nine person Board of Directors for my 90-lawyer firm. We are part of a world-wide "combination" of 12,000 lawyers known as "Dentons".Dave and I stayed, for two nights, at the new Marriott hotel in St. George, the Advenire. Normally, we would have spent the weekend at our own St. George home, but we had already promised that space to our grandson, Bryce, and his BYU friends. It was a good excuse to savor a bit of luxury.I enjoyed the interior design of the hotel, which seemed to capture St. George's eclectic style. In the lobby, each chair and coffee table was different, but, together, they were at once quaint and striking.
We ate avocado toast for breakfast in the stylish Wood Ash Rye restaurant at the Advenire. That was the last sane, healthy food choice of the weekend...I then spent Friday afternoon and Saturday morning discussing "big picture" issues with the Board at our St. George office--finances, leadership structure, hiring. I was flattered to have the firm CEO tell me, as I left on Saturday, that he thought I had made a substantial contribution to the Board during my two years of service. On Friday night, the Board and their partners gathered at Wood Ash Rye for an excellent dinner. "Order several plates for your table and share them," the waitress encouraged us. We had a feast--sliced beef filet, shrimp in miso sauce, buttermilk biscuits, roasted brussels sprouts, panna cotta with berries.
Wednesday, February 22, 2023
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment