Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Style ala Audrey

I am fascinated and delighted to watch three-year-old Audrey develop a personal sense of style.  Mike hosted a party, on the morning of November 25, 2022, the day after Thanksgiving, to watch the U.S. play England in the World Cup.  Mike's theater is the perfect place to watch sporting events and Mike and I set out  a full spread of sandwich fixings and root beer floats.  That was the stage for a great party, but the highlight, for me, was photographing Audrey in the festive outfit she had put together herself!  Pink woolen cap, pink tights, and pink sleeveless dress.  Striped blue mittens and striped gray socks.  And, of course, her beloved monkey in her arms.  I admire the freedom Heidi gives Audrey in dressing herself and even putting on makeup.  With a few years of practice, Audrey will be as stylish as that other uber-style queen of our family, Annelise. I can hardly wait!
 
Camille was one of the guests at our World Cup party.
Calder is adorable.  He is nearly nine months old, and as calm as Audrey is impish.  Mike and Heidi cherish their children and it shows in how secure Audrey and Calder seem to feel.

No comments: