I handed Michael K my camera, on Thanksgiving morning, November 24, 2022, and he captured great photos of the family effort to get Thanksgiving dinner on the table. Lisa had to leave for the airport at 1:30 p.m., to work at the hospital in Seattle Thursday evening, so we were moving fast on Thursday morning.
The Flindts were our houseguests, so they were my primary workers.
I was in the middle of wrapping my 3000 caramels, on Thanksgiving morning. Just as helpful as cutting the turkey or mashing potatoes was Kirsten, Alyssa, and Spencer wrapping the last batches of caramels. I then sorted them into dozens of plastic bags filled with 15 candies apiece, and stored them in Mike's freezer, ready for Christmas giving.
Eliza likes to help.
Michael K specializes in delicious mashed potatoes. Naomi can do anything--I hand her a recipe and the dish appears!
A critical job, on Thanksgiving morning, is keeping the little kids entertained while the grown-ups cook. Thank you, Bryce!
Even my best workers take a break, now and then.
The minute Rebekah enters my house, she is in the kitchen, asking, "What can I do?" I appreciate her willingness and expertise.
And, finally, the guests arrived. Camille brought a specialty of her Ebert inlaws--raspberry jello salad with pomegranate seeds. It has become our favorite, too! Camille and Heidi also brought delicious homemade pies.
Audrey is already a young lady, at three. She borrowed her mom's eyebrow pencil and put on some makeup!
At last, enjoying our labors!
After dinner, Lisa rushed for her plane and the rest of the Flindts hurried off to Huntsville for Thanksgiving dinner with Grandma JoDee's family. The Eberts settled down with Mike for a laugh-filled game of Bad Landlord.
No comments:
Post a Comment