Thursday, January 4, 2024

Found: the Ark of the Covenant

Wednesdays follow each other fast and furiously, now that I am in the Young Women program in our ward.  Wednesday is the "Activity Day" for the YWYM (Young Men and Young Women) program.  My first reaction to many of the activities is, "I can't believe anyone wants to do that," but they do!
One week the Emigration Stake sponsored a Passover dinner for the YMYW.


We listened to talks about the meaning and symbolism of Passover, and then ate a Passover meal.
On April 19, 2023, Dave and I took the YMYW to a recreation of Moses' tabernacle at the chapel on Sunnyside Avenue. The Church built two or three tabernacles and is sending them around the Utah area.  A group of 23 stakes, extending as far as 3300 South and Main Street, is combining to staff and visit the tabernacle at the Sunnyside Avenue location.  The Church used teenagers as tour guides.  Great! I thought.  There is no better way to gain a testimony than by teaching about the Gospel to others.
We visited the outer courtyard, the inner building, and finally, the Holy of Holies.



Today's visit to the tabernacle was a great learning experience for m.  I have read about the tabernacle over and over in the book of Exodus, but I ahve had a hard time picturing it.  Now I can do that.

No comments: