Thursday, January 18, 2024

There are Barbecues and Then There are Barbecues (7/28/23)

When I bought a Traeger smoker and grill a year or two ago, it was the latest thing.  You could flavor your meat with Meat Church seasonings, smoke the meat for several hours, finish roasting it, and, with the first mouthful, you thought you were in Austin at a briskit cookoff.  The only problem--David hated the thing and refused to use it.  When my Traeger finally malfunctioned beyond my humble skills of repair, I summoned a repairman who hauled it off and never returned it.  I couldn't remember the repairman's name or phone number, so that was the end of our Traeger.  Sorry tale.
Fast forward to July 28, 2023.  David finally agreed that we needed a new barbecue.  I told him to pick a machine of his choice--one that he could love and would not refuse to use.  

We now have a new Weber grill, just waiting for meat covered with a nice layer of Meat Church Holy Ghost rub. I gather that a barbecue grill is, for men, like their car--it reflects their essence as a man and so has to be just right.  It is almost a religious thing. 

No comments: