Thursday, January 18, 2024

Jonny's Family: Burritos and Big Beds (7/30/23)

Jonny rewarded Henry for reading books with a trip to Disney World.  Jonny reserved a fancy hotel in Lake Buena Vista with the travel points he gets at work.  Jonny texted this photo of Henry, sleeping in luxury!
Back home, I asked Jenny what she would like to eat for Sunday dinner while her husband was gone. Jenny suggested Mexican food, which is Sam's favorite.
Sam wanted burritos, so I fixed a buffet of pork and shrimp, huge uncooked tortillas that I fried on our skillet, and several types of sauces.  Jenny brought queso, chips, and salsa, and I cut up a large watermelon and turned it into watermelon fresca.  Michael K and Rebekah joined us, along with Lily, but most of the rest of the family was gone.  

Every type of party has its advantages.  Small parties are fun because there's more time to have in-depth conversations with particular family members, such as Jenny and her boys and Michael K and Rebekah.  We also enjoy having Dave's brother, Alan, and his wife, Shauna, as regulars.

No comments: